Peshraft Educational Services Limited
Grammar School Rawalpindi & Center for Peace & Education for Sustainable Development have been registered under the SECP in 2005.
GSR & CPESD, function under the umbrella of Peshrafth Educational Services Limited.
The objectives & purpose of CPESD :
- To integrate ,Peace Education holistically in GSR's Curriculum from Montessori to Secondary level.
- The main guide lines of GSR's Peace Education programme, are gleaned from , The Four Pillars of learning for the 21st Century, of UNESCO's Delor's Report.
- To implement peace projects & celebrate International Peace, Human Rights & related international days.
- To disseminate GSRs model of Peace Education at local, National & Global level in UNESCO's aSPNET schools & others.
- To provide teacher development workshops for Global, Peace, Sustainable Development Education & Yohsin, at local, national & international level.
- Key, sustainable development concerns of global citizenship, climate change, diversity, multiculturalism, Heritage education, bio diversity & sustainable development are the main elements of CPESD, in GSR's teaching & learning process.
- Development of core competencies in students & teachers, of critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, communication, student leadership/personal development, citizenship, decision making, creativity & Digital literacy.
- Relevant knowledge, skills, attitude & values are provided to shape a world which is sustainable & where living together is the final goal post.
- GSR is headed by, Nasreen Iqbal, its Director who is assisted by a Board of Directors.
- The Deputy Director, Sitwat Yousaf Zai, is also the Director Academics.
- Chaklala branches are administrated by Naila Farooq.
- All school sections of GSR's branches are administered by Heads. Who are:
- Jr. Section Rah-e-Aman Branch : Farhat Ehsan Hashmi.
- Sr. Section Rah-e-Aman Branch : Fatima Sharique.
- Jr. Section Chaklala Branch : Maria Waqar.
- Sr. Section Chaklala Branch : Sadaf Shaz Janjua.
- Heads are assisted by Co-ordinators.
Sitwat Yousaf Zai
GSR, A Brief History
|1986||GSR, Established in Lalazar, Rawalpindi|
|1991||New premises, Tulsa Road, Lalazar|
|1992||Chaklala branch established|
|1993||Lalazar's Junior Section established|
|1994||Lalazar branch sends up its first batch for Matriculation examination|
|1996||GSR gains membership of ASPnet by UNESCO's Director General, Frederico Mayer|
|1998||Rah-e-Aman branch established|
|1999||Chaklala branch sends up first batch for Matriculation examination|
|2001||GSR awarded prestigious Peace Pillar Award for its Peace Education Programme|
|2004||First batch goes up for 'O' levels examinations|
|2005||GSR Links with iEARN |
Students start visiting USA on YES scholarship
|2006||GSR, Links with British Council's |
Global School partnerships
& Connecting Classrooms
|2010||GSR, produce Teacher's Resource Kit: Heritage in Young Hands for UNESCO|
|2010||GSR develops one of UNESCO's Eight Best Practicing Institutions in Education for Sustainable Development, Asia-Pacific region|
|2010||British Council's Chatter Books Project piloted by GSR, Chaklala branch|
|2012||GSR awarded British Council's International School Award|
|2012||GSR declared one of UNESCO's Five Best Practicing institutions for Education in International Understanding, Asia-Pacific region|
|2015||GSR initiates Global Education, Yohsin Philosophy and Project Nature to be shared with a network of schools at the local, national & international level.|